Sport Wales are the national organisation responsible for developing and promoting sport and physical activity in Wales.
We are the main advisors on sporting matters to the Welsh Government and are responsible for distributing National Lottery funds to both elite and grassroots sport in Wales.
Our Vision for sport in Wales
allows us to better deliver on the Welsh Government sport and physical activity agenda.
Our vision is to unite a proud sporting nation, where every child is hooked on sport for life and wales is a nation of Champions. Our vision means we work closely with our key partners to ensure that the delivery and development of sport at both a national and local level provides the people of Wales with every opportunity to excel at their sport of choice.
Below are just a few areas of our work:
1. Every Child Hooked on Sport for Life
– We want every child and young person to be provided with the skills and confidence from an early age to be physically literate through high quality, engaging sporting experiences.
2. Community Sport
– We want thriving, sustainable sporting communities, with the participant at the heart. Our new, sector wide Community Strategy
has been developed, setting out clear priorities to enable a dramatic shift in the range and number of people involved in local sport. It will also provide further guidance to those responsible for planning and running sport in Wales (keep video in as looks great)
3. Coaching & Volunteering
– Coaching plays a crucial role from supporting elite athletes to excel on the world stage to encouraging local communities to get fitter and enjoy sport. If you’re interested in becoming a coach, our website offers advice on training and an online booking form for coaching workshops.
4. Elite Performance
– In terms of elite sporting success we have much to be proud of. Our Elite Sport Strategy sets out an ambitious and challenging pathway for sport in Wales. We support , fund and deliver Institute services to 10 elite Welsh sports to deliver Olympic , Paralympic and Commonwealth success. We want ales to be seen as a nation of champions, where winning is expected, talent developed, and success is promoted and celebrated across a wide range of sports.
– If you want to make a big difference to your community, applying for a Sport Wales grant could not be simpler! We are here to help you purchase new equipment, train new coaches or volunteers or start up a new team. We also provide the most promising athletes in Wales with the support they need to achieve their potential. To find out how to apply click here